Wedding timeline - Tie the Knot
For some people, the whole process of planning a wedding can seem overwhelming. At Camden we want to try our best to make that process as smooth as possible for our couples.
Below is a timeline you can use to help you keep on top of your preparations. By no means is it essential to follow this format, but feel free to utilise this timeline as a guide, in case you’re ever left at a loose end during the planning process.
Please bear in mind this a guide for civil ceremonies. For religious ceremonies please check with your minister of religion.
Sixth months before the ceremony...
- Decide on wedding date
- Determine a budget
- Decide what kind of wedding would you like
- Visit venues to choose the perfect venue for your ceremony
- Consider Camden Town Hall venues for a great value ceremony
- Book an appointment to give notice. If you are non British / Irish national you should make sure you have over 70 days between your notice appointment and your ceremony.
Four months before the ceremony...
- Book your wedding reception
- Book the caterers & discuss with them menus
- Shop for your wedding dress
- Choose your wedding theme & colour scheme
- Choose maid/matron of honour and bridesmaids, best man and ushers, pageboys and flower girls
- Attend your notice appointment.
Two months before the ceremony...
- Assemble a guest list and seating plan
- Plan wedding invitation design
- Begin to choose your accessories and shoes
- Choose your wedding rings and wedding bands
- Book entertainment for the reception
- Start looking for planning your wedding cake
- Select and book videographer and or photographer
- Start planning for your honeymoon
The month before the ceremony...
- Arrange a fitting for wedding dresses
- Select your florist and all your flower arrangements for your ceremony
- Order the wedding cake
- Finalise the guest list